Friday, December 02, 2005

TOMORROW’S YET TO COME

A dog, four kids, a wife that runs my home
With ease I look to the east towards the setting
Sun.
But my thoughts drift into the evening wind
I smile
Another laughter line begun
I whispered softly thank you God
But can you tell me has this beauty yet to fade
Has my job been done?
For tomorrow has yet to come
My daughters and my sons stand next to me.
Their smiles an ocean wide
Alas something deep inside.
Just this nagging feeling one can’t hide.
But I hold them close to me.
Feeling love, hope and security
But knowing there are trying things to come
And still I had a job to be done
Yes Tomorrow was yet to come
My hand wrapped round another’s hand
My wife just smiles she understands
For I am just a father after all
Flesh and blood that sometimes feels the strain of
Old age call
But as we stand here looking at the setting sun
Knowing all is well for tomorrow it can wait
It has yet to come

No comments: