Friday, December 09, 2005

If I sleep on

If I wake upon a dawn of sunlit morning
And wipe away all dreams of yesterday.
Can I stand and gaze in daydream state
Wide-eyed amazed that I’m still here.
Yet I can be so sad and full of joy
in fear of today’s in trepidation’s
For I am just a man.
Full of all life and all its normal fears.
If I wake upon on a cloudy day
And I smile yet cry the smallest tear
Has my sorrowed touched my soul
Surrounded all my joys
Can I wipe away this cloud of sadness?
Will my eyes forever meet the ground?
For I am just a man.
Who is waiting in eternity to be found.
If I sleep and miss the sunrise.
If I sleep and miss the day.
If I do not cry or do not smile
Am I not the man I thought I was?
Am I not the man that’s yet to be?
Or am I just a man?
That’s whole
That has never to be found

No comments: