Monday, December 05, 2005

Collector Of Old Things

My granddads an old age pensioner
He has that defining smell of just old age
His teeth are not his own
And at night they’re in a jar
He says he’s now too blind to see
That’s why he doesn’t drive a car
My granddad maybe old and always feeling tired
But his love of life has not yet expired
My granddad collects old things
Like stamps medals and age old rings
His house has that certain ageing smell
It’s that certain thing you just can’t tell
That smell of old
My granddads house looks so really warm
But feels so icy cold
My granddads really old I know
But still he runs around and he’s pretty quick
When he knows he should take it slow
My granddads really great
But it’s when he’s sick I really hate
I know he’s aged as years have passed
And very soon God will take him to his moon
But for now he has this zest for everything
His stamps his medals his ageing rings
He says don’t cry when I’m gone
My love and memory will linger on
But I shall miss him this I know
So every night I say a prayer
I threaten god saying
God. dont you f**king dare

No comments: