Friday, December 02, 2005

A Childs prayer

A small boy cried when his pet mouse died.
Inside his heart sadness grew.
For he was not like you and me.
He could not walk or run.
Life to him wasn’t much fun.
At night he’d say a prayer.
Hoping God was really there.
He’d say bless all the children in my world today.
Please take care of the ones who have nowhere to stay.
Bless my mom and dad and my sister too.
And the all the people that have never heard of you.
Bless my dog and cat and my rabbit.
God, can you make please stop my granddad from smoking
Because it's such nasty nasty habit.
Then he’d get in to bed and say a bit more.
Asking God to let his football team score or at least draw.
He’d ask to let everyone live in peace.
Ask for all wars in this world to cease.
For all those without sight or who cannot hear
Who had lost one or both of their limbs?
He’d say please God don’t you think it’s about time that we had us a world where everyone wins.
For others he prayed and he pleaded
Not once did he ask God for something he! needed.
Not to walk, not to run
Not even to add in his life the thing people called having fun.
All he could say I’ve only one leg but it's enough.
There are plenty of people in this world that have it more rough.
Then with his eyes closed tight
Please God if you're there?
Please hear my prayer.

No comments: